- a radical way to challenge importance of material possessions
- a commitment to share all things, materially and spiritually
- live a life uncluttered by personal possession of material things
- not a denial of my sexuality, but freely responding to the needs of the Church
- freely renouncing the desires to share my life in intimacy with another while enjoying the fullness of relationship with freedom of God.
- a respectful listening to discover what God wants
- an active searching
- not having my own way
- to be open and available to go and
- to respond to wherever the needs are.
- cooperation vs. competition
- simplicity vs. wastefulness
- self-giving vs. self-interest